To repair or replace, that is the question that likely comes to mind whenever your heating or air conditioning system stops working like it should.
Although repairing may be the most affordable solution now, it might not be the best choice in the long run. Allow Bud's Heating & Air Conditioning to help you determine the best fix for your ideal home comfort. We service nearly all makes and models of heating, air conditioning and indoor air quality equipment.
When the cost of repairs approaches half of the value of your heating or air conditioning system, it’s recommended to replace the system. Bud’s also recommends looking at replacement options if the unit is more than 12 years old or you’ve had a history of problems with it.
If you’re interested in finding out what options are available to you, we’ll set you up with one of our experienced Comfort Advisors. We do so much more than just give you an estimate. Our experts take the time to fully evaluate your current home system and listen to what comfort level you’d like to achieve. We consider the following when meeting with you:
- Convenience – When you purchase a new system, you can avoid the hassle of unexpected repairs down the line, and you don’t have to sit around uncomfortable while waiting for service.
- Lower utility bills – A high-efficiency home comfort system can save you hundreds of dollars each year in energy costs, compared to an older system. New systems have newer technology that improves overall efficiency.
- Environmentally friendlier refrigerant – Due to growing environmental concerns, the U.S. federal government has mandated that all HVAC manufacturers phase R-22 refrigerant-based equipment out of production. In response, manufactures use cooling systems with R-410A, a U.S. EPA-approved, chlorine-free refrigerant.
- Enhanced comfort – Advanced technologies that improve energy efficiency also enhance your comfort, so you can enjoy more even temperatures, better humidity control and a constant flow of conditioned air from a newer system.
- Improved air quality – Better humidity control means a reduced potential for mold and mildew growth. Many home comfort systems, for example, also offer air quality control filtration, which minimizes the impact of indoor pollutants.
At Bud’s, we understand how important a decision this is for you and your home. That is why we offer a free in-home consultation with one of our Comfort Advisors. They will guide you in choosing the best options to custom design a new heating and air conditioning system built to meet your specific needs. Click here to meet them!
What to Expect During Your Comfort Advisor Appointment
Our Comfort Advisors are specifically trained in home comfort designs and are knowledgeable in the latest innovations. On average, appointments last about two hours depending on number of systems, accessibility to equipment, and conversations about your comfort expectations with the replacement unit.
You can expect us to:
- Confirm your appointment the day before
- Arrive promptly on time
- Wear a Bud's polo shirt with a Bud's Name Tag
- Drive a Bud's marked vehicle
- Listen and answer any and all questions you have
- Spend time measuring, analyzing and accurately assessing needs so we can provide the right solution option.
What you can do to prepare:
- Set aside enough time to have a thorough conversation and walk - through (on average about 2 hours).
- Have all rooms accessible. While equipment may not be in living areas, vents are.
- Write down questions ahead of time - we love questions! This is what we love to do.
- We recommend that all decision makers be present for the full length of the appointment. It helps every one to be on the same page!
- Gather any current equipment information such as warranties, past install information and service invoices or repair history. (If you're a Bud's customer - no worries, we have that!).
Schedule an appointment for a free in-home evaluation or call us at (757) 234-8423 today!