The air you breathe inside your home may be the most polluted air you breathe all day. In fact, the EPA has named indoor air pollution as one of the top five environmental risks to public health. With the amount of time spent indoors, it's no wonder why so many people suffer from allergies, asthma, and other illnesses.
Here's what's happening in the air you're breathing in your home right now:
- Just one cubic foot of air can have more than 30 million pollutants - that's 100 times more than the air outside. Polluted air like this causes 94% of respiratory problems.
- If you see dust in the air or on your furniture, what you're really looking at are mold spores, pet dander, bacteria, pollen, and other harmful contaminants.
- Every time you dust or vacuum, you actually increase particulate concentration. Indoor air pollution is a problem in almost every home - including yours. So what can you do?
- Open windows and doors from time to time. Natural ventilation can improve air quality by reducing the pollutants indoors.
- Air Cleaners - a whole home air cleaner puts you in control of the air quality. Bud's offers solutions like the Aprilaire Media Filtration System or the Air Scrubber Plus. Benefits include:
- Control Health - a whole-home air cleaner removes particulates and irritants throughout your home like mold spores, pet dander, dust mites, bacteria, pollen and even viruses.
- Control Dust - you'll notice less build up, making your home look and feel cleaner while protecting appliances.
- Protect Your Home - When your air cleaning unit works with your HVAC system it will make every room feel more comfortable and clean. You'll also keep your air conditioner's cooling coil clean and your furnace working efficiently. Which saves money and increases longevity.
Want to know more? Give us a call and we can see what options would best fit your home and comfort! Reach us at 757-890-2600 or fill out our Contact Us form online.